The PGA of America makes history with the election of a new secretary, the LPGA ends a historic year and Tiger Woods resumes his historic march with a new “swing consultant.” Made Cut The right person. Suzy Whaley didn’t set out to make history. The Connecticut club professional never intended to be a trailblazer, but then pioneers rarely do. Whaley’s sweeping election to secretary of the PGA of America last Saturday made her the first female elected to serve as an officer for the association and puts her in line to become president in four years. For Whaley, however, her decision to run for office was a chance to take what she does every day at TPC River Highlands – everything from player development to her creative junior programs – to a national level. “For me it wasn’t about making history. For me it was about being a candidate that felt we could be a part of a team and part of a plan that could truly help us move forward,” Whaley told Cut Line. Regardless of gender, the PGA is better prepared to move forward then they were a week ago. That’s a wrap. Fitting that a day after Whaley broke through the PGA’s grass ceiling the LPGA wrapped up what many consider its best season. What already qualified as an embarrassment of riches for commissioner Michael Whan ended with a roar when rookie of the year Lydia Ko won the CME Group Tour Championship and Stacy Lewis claimed the Player of the Year title. Along the way Michelle Wie (U.S. Women’s Open) and Lexi Thompson (Kraft Nabisco Championship) joined the major championship club and Lewis and Inbee Park traded the top spot in the Rolex ranking with compelling regularity. It was a best-case scenario for Whan and Co. with equal parts parity and star power. The challenge now? Doing it all again in 2015. Made Cut-Did Not Finish (MDF) No. 5 for Tiger. News late last week that Tiger Woods had teamed with a new set of eyes – in this case “swing consultant” Chris Como – was as surprising as it was sensational. While the jury is still out on Como, by most accounts the Texas-based coach is an intellectual and an idyllic fit for the former world No. 1. “He speaks Tiger’s language and his biomechanics background fits perfectly with what he is interested in,” said one longtime PGA Tour swing coach. But there was some concern that Como, who was virtually unknown in general golf circles before last week, may be a tad too technical for a player who has, by some accounts, become too technical in recent years. Still, the 37-year-old swing coach was saying all the right things and if he can keep Woods off the “DL” – he’s played a full season just three times in the last seven years – Tiger’s fifth different swing as a professional will be viewed as at least a step in the right direction. “The idea of having a person rely on a teacher is bad,” Como told Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte. “You have to know about yourself, rely on yourself.” Tweet of the week: There is only 1 coach Tiger could have hired that wouldn’t cause such scrutiny, Butch Harmon. TW is a different player now. More technical.— Steve Flesch (@Steve_Flesch) November 26, 2014 Missed Cut When a rookie is not a rookie. Brooks Koepka completed a memorable season on the European Tour by winning that circuit’s Rookie of the Year Award. Koepka, who won this month’s Turkish Airlines Open, now moves on to the PGA Tour where he begins his first full season in the United States, just not as a rookie year. Because of the Tour’s small print the young American will not be a rookie in 2015, a technicality that will keep him from sweeping the rookie of the year awards on both sides of the pond. It likely doesn’t matter to Koepka, but it is a shame when convoluted rules get in the way of a good story. Monday morning quarterback. PGA of America officials raised a few eyebrows last week when they revealed that had this year’s PGA Championship gone to a Monday finish it would have cost the association an estimated $750,000. Instead, officials rushed things along in diminishing light and the threat of poor weather by making the final two groups essentially play the final hole as a foursome. “It’s all about the competition first and foremost. If it goes into Monday, so be it,” PGA CEO Pete Bevacqua told Cut Line. “There’s always a possibility you are going to be playing into Monday. Was it rushed? Certainly. [But] we were happy with the ending.” Judging by Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler’s reaction to the finish, it’s likely they were even less pleased with the “rushed” finish. Cut Line is a fan of any move that speeds up play, but considering what was on the line at Valhalla the impromptu two-minute drill may have been a tad much.
Pinterest Twitter Publicans in Republic watching closely as North reopens further Blaney apologises for attending Oireachtas Golf Society function Facebook Google+ Homepage BannerNews Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Facebook Twitter Pinterest The Agriculture Minister Dara Calleary has resigned after breaking Covid 19 guidelines.He went to an Oireachtas golf event at a hotel in Galway on Wednesday attended by 80 others.The Taoiseach has accepted his resignation and says it was wrong and an error of judgement.Michael Martin also believes the event should not have gone ahead.In a statement this morning, Senator Niall Blaney confirmed he also attended the event. In the statement, he accepts he should not have done so, and he apologises for what he describes as his error of judgement. Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Community Enhancement Programme open for applications WhatsApp WhatsApp Previous articleSenior Championship Preview – Brendan KilcoyneNext articleLocal superintendent repeats appeal following Inishowen tragedy News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Google+ By News Highland – August 21, 2020
Author: Priyanka Ann Saini Hartmann Reederei, the German ship-management company, has confirmed that two of its vessels – the 36,000 m3 LEG (liquefied ethylene gas) carriers ‘Gaschem Beluga’ and ‘Gaschem Orca’ – powered by the world’s first ME-GIE (-Gas Injection Ethane) two-stroke engines have collectively accumulated 10,000 hours of operations since entering operation at the end of 2017.The carriers were ordered by Hartmann and Ocean Yield of Norway, and constructed at Sinopacific Offshore Engineering (SOE) in China with the intention of transporting ethane derived from US shale gas to European crackers for the production of ethylene.Capt. Ulrich Adami, Fleet Manager of Hartmann Reederei, said: “We are grateful to MAN Diesel & Turbo for developing the ME-GI engine to burn ethane. The ME-GIE is very reliable and about 97-98% of our ships’ passage back and forth over the Atlantic has been on ethane. Our charterers are happy with the positive budget implications that have come with being able to exploit the fuel on board.”He continued: “You are always taking a risk with prototypes, in this case not just the engine but all the new features that were implemented into these vessels. But I was confident in all respects that we had reliable partners and we wouldn’t have any major issues, so the risk was mitigated.”Adami concluded: “Overall, the propulsion system performs very well with an even better fuel consumption than predicted, and we are recording higher sea-passage speeds during heavy weather in the Atlantic. I believe the Gaschem Beluga and Gaschem Orca are among the fastest vessels over the Atlantic.”René Sejer Laursen, Sales & Promotion Manager, MAN Diesel & Turbo said: “We’re very happy to hear the positive reports from Hartmann regarding fuel consumption for gas operation. We thank Hartmann for believing in our concept and are ourselves very happy with the performance of the ME-GIE engine.”Laursen added: “Our inspections of the cylinder liners on both sides of the Atlantic have also shown that they still look like brand new. Regardless, we continue to look for ways to further improve the ME-GIE’s performance and are currently working on lowering pilot-oil consumption, which we ultimately expect to drop down to just 1%.”Hartmann says that there is a potential demand for further vessels. Market reports also suggest that a number of Chinese concerns are looking into cracking ethylene with ethane as feedstock, meaning that even more ships burning ethane will eventually come on-stream.Hartmann is also a part of the JHW consortium that ordered 5 × 85,000 m3 Very Large Ethane Carriers (VLECs) in 2016, each to be powered by a single MAN B&W 6G60ME-GIE main engine. Upon construction, the vessels will be the largest ethane carriers ever constructed.Propulsion systemThe two vessels are equipped with propulsion packages supplied by MAN Diesel & Turbo, Frederikshavn (Denmark) that also feature a remote control system AT3000, a VBS 1350 – ODS Mk5 CP propeller, a rudder bulb and a shaft generator with frequency converter that enables it to run on variable speed between 80 to 100rpm.The benefits of the ME-GIE’s Diesel-type combustion is now fully exploited by its ability to operate on almost any gas quality – without any reduction in efficiency – and through a complete combustion maintained by a relatively high gas-injection pressure.The engine can run on a mixture of LPG and methane, or ethane, with an unchanged gas-mode efficiency. Such a mixture may comprise as much as 50% LPG, while MAN Diesel & Turbo’s findings thus far indicate that an even greater LPG percentage can be used. The negligible methane/ethane/LPG slip of the ME-GI engine makes it the most environmentally friendly, two-stroke technology available.The Maritime Energy TransitionThe development of the ME-GI engine to burn ethane is part of the ‘Maritime Energy Transition’, an umbrella term that covers all MAN Diesel & Turbo activities in regard to supporting a climate-neutral shipping industry.The term stems from the German expression ‘Energiewende’ and encapsulates MAN Diesel & Turbo’s call to action to reduce emissions and establish natural gases as the fuels of choice in global shipping. It promotes a global ‘turn to gas’, driven by the IMO, and a common approach by the shipping industry and politics to invest in infrastructure development and retrofits.Launched in 2016 after COP 21, the initiative has since found broad support within the shipping industry and German politics.Significant potentialMAN Diesel & Turbo sees significant opportunities in the development of the ME-GIE as the engine can also run on almost any form of waste gas. Such gases could be the light hydrocarbons or VOCs emitted from crude oil during storage and during the loading/unloading of crude oil. This opens the door for new applications for the engine in, for example, shuttle tankers, for power generation in remote power plants, or in off-shore applications – such as floating production storage and offloading vessels (FPSOs) – where VOC is abundant and poses a potential environmental hazard.ME-GIE TechnologyThe ME-GIE engine features MAN Diesel & Turbo’s newly developed pump vaporizer unit (PVU) that matches the requirements for the supply of high-pressure LNG to the ME-GIE engine. The PVU supercedes previous fuel-gas supply systems with its low installation costs, smaller space requirement and full pump redundancy. Tier III operation can also be met in combination with SCR or EGR systems. The engine can be delivered in the 5-90 MW power range.Sea News, May 31
Session ID: 2020-09-17:5312d3f8deead2ba8fe70016 Player ID: videojs-brightcove-player-83860-3873505593001 OK Close Modal DialogCaption Settings DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsDefaultsDoneClose Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.THE RECRUITING BOWL: Several high school prospects’ decisions come down to LSU or Alabama every February, but it is rare that a prospect bases his decision solely on the outcome of that game, the latest of which will kick off at 7 p.m. Saturday in Tiger Stadium on CBS. No. 4 Alabama is 7-1 overall and 4-1 in the Southeastern Conference. No. 14 LSU is 7-2 and 3-2 in the SEC.Leonard Fournette of St. Augustine High in New Orleans was the No. 1 prep tailback in the nation last year, and he weighed LSU versus Alabama throughout his recruitment. In the end, he chose LSU even though it lost for the third straight time to Alabama last November.“Certainly, there’s a piece of recruiting that is specific to winning,” Miles said. “To what extent, I’m not certain. I can always tell you, it’s a lot more fun to call after you won one, though.”Former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell said he did base his college choice on the outcome of the LSU-Alabama game when he was a senior at Williamson High School in Mobile, Ala. Heavily recruited by Alabama, he was on the field as an LSU visitor at Tiger Stadium on Nov. 16, 2002. Alabama beat LSU, 31-0, that night, and Russell chose LSU because he said he felt the Tigers needed him more.LSU-BAMA SERIES HISTORY: Alabama has won the last three against LSU, including 38-17 last year in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and 21-17 in Tiger Stadium in 2012. But the Tigers still lead the series this century by a 9-6 count. The Tigers were 7-1 against Alabama from 2000 through 2007 – the most dominant period in LSU’s history against Alabama. The Tide leads the overall series 48-25-5 with a 26-8-2 advantage in Tiger Stadium. LSU coach Les Miles is 5-5 against Alabama and 3-5 against Alabama coach Nick Saban. BATON ROUGE – His Tigers may be preparing for the biggest game of the season against Alabama on Saturday, but LSU football coach Les Miles opened his weekly press luncheon Monday by urging everyone to vote in the general election Tuesday.“Just recognize that it’s Election Day coming up, where all model citizens will get off and take care of their duties to their country,” he said. “This is not Columbus Day. This is not just for the Italians. This is certainly not St. Paddy’s. It’s not just for the Irish. It is for all those who have the ability to vote in our country, so get out and do that, please.”Asked what candidates he may vote for, Miles said, “I refuse to say. Hey, it’s a right of every American to keep that private. Your voting, I didn’t ask, ‘Hey, raise your hand if you’re voting for this guy.’ I just said everybody should go vote.”Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%0:00 Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1ChaptersChaptersdescriptions off, selectedDescriptionssubtitles off, selectedSubtitlescaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedCaptionsAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window. The Video Cloud video was not found. Error Code: VIDEO_CLOUD_ERR_VIDEO_NOT_FOUND
Tournament organiser DreamHack has entered a non-exclusive global streaming partnership with broadcasting platform Caffeine.The deal will see all Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2 events from DreamHack livestreamed on the platform, alongside a new show titled ‘Overtime’ that will debut at DreamHack Open Rio over April 19th-21st.Image credit: DreamHackMarcus Lindmark, CEO of DreamHack discussed the deal in a release: “We are extremely excited to sign this content partnership with Caffeine as we have followed their entry to the streaming market closely and been very excited about their new and innovative product offering. DreamHack and Caffeine share the same vision to make esports viewer experience more social and interactive. Their broadcasting platform creates new ways to consume esports content, and DreamHack can reach new fans and gamers globally with our distribution.”‘Overtime’ features behind-the-scenes footage, guest interviews, live interaction with viewers, and exclusive footage from DreamHack events and will be broadcast at DreamHack Open and CORSAIR DreamHack Masters stops throughout the year.Ben Keighran, Founder and CEO of Caffeine also commented: “We are giving viewers a better way to experience DreamHack’s CS:GO and Dota 2 events. With our real-time video platform, DreamHack fans will now be able to experience these events as if they’re in the arena and with their friends online.”Ukrainian esports organisation Natus Vincere entered an exclusive content partnership with Caffeine in February that includes its players streaming gameplay on the platform, in addition to behind-the-scenes content from bootcamps & backstage at events. More recently, Caffeine obtained the streaming rights for FIFA 19 Global Series and eWorld Cup.Esports Insider says: Caffeine has been making moves as of late and it’s still in pre-release! It’s clear that it’s trying to bring a variety of content to its platform with these partnerships and that’s important.Subscribe to ESI on YouTube